|The mission of the Florida Keys Land & Sea Trust is to promote environmental stewardship and the heritage of the Florida Keys.|
Seniors (65+): $12.95
Children (5-13): $9.95
Children 4 and under: Free
Mon. to Sat. 9am-5pm
Crane Point Museum
5550 Overseas Highway
Marathon, FL 33050
(Mile Marker 50)
Nature abounds at Crane Point. Experience glorious views and the true beauty of the Florida Keys.
The MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY provides visitors with interesting and educational interpretative displays of local wildlife, marine life, dioramas and dramatic exhibits featuring artifacts and objects of cultural interest.
Crane Point's NATURE TRAILS allow visitors to explore numerous trails, some quite rugged, throughout the 63-acre property. We want you to experience the natural Florida Keys hardwood hammock. Learn to identify the hammock trees, native flowers and plants, insects and Golden Orb and Crab spiders. Don't miss the Adderley House, the oldest house in Monroe County outside Key West built in 1903 by George and Olivia Adderley. Appreciate the Crane House near the Point, built in 1953 by Francis and Mary Crane, for whom Crane Point is named. And let the view from The Point take your breath away as you gaze over the Florida Bay. The complete trail is 1.5 miles not including all the interesting side trips on the more challenging trails. Please ask about the trolley tours, included in the admission price, for those who may not be able or willing to take the walk. Our trolley drivers offer a wealth of information; they are friendly and ready to answer questions and make the ride fun. All trolley drivers are volunteers and do this because they love Crane Point and enjoy meeting and talking with people from all over the world.
Be sure to walk through THE MARATHON WILD BIRD CENTER and see Florida Keys and migrating wild birds at this rescue center. Sick and injured birds are brought here to be rescued, rehabilitated and released whenever possible.
Exit through the GIFT SHOP! Our shop offers a wide variety of items ranging from a selection of children's books and puzzles to t-shirts, decorative items and knick-knacks, salt scrub, jewelry and locally made Key Lime fudge and Key Lime juice. Take home a piece of the Keys to remember your special vacation.
KAYAK TOURS FROM CRANE POINT
Guided Kayak Tours are offered Tuesday afternoons beginning at 2:30 p.m.
and Saturday mornings beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Advance reservations recommended. Minimum of four participants needed. Last- minute guests accepted if
Crane Point Guided Kayak Tour All-Inclusive Package rates:
$65 Adults $37 children under 12
Guided Kayak Package includes 2 ½ - 3 hour Kayak tour and day-long admission to Crane Point.
equipment is provided. Please bring hat, sunscreen, bottled water and insect repellent.
Kayak tour consists of two parts:
- The first portion of the tour includes a narrated walk along the Joewood Trail near the Crane House. This introduction will show how the islands of the Florida Keys transition from the mangroves to the
hardwood hammock, a line rarely visible for appreciation by the average guest.
- Second portion of the tour consists of a guided 1 ½ mile kayak loop beginning at the “Point” viewing bridge directly on the Gulf of Mexico. The tour explores the natural mangrove shoreline of Crane Point
and three small islands off the coast including Rachel Key.
Admission to Crane Point includes:
- Trolley Tours run daily on a specific schedule. Call ahead (305-743-9100) for reservations. The Trolley Tours are conducted by knowledgeable guides who offer an in-depth education about the Crane Point environment and history as well as that of the Florida Keys.
- A nine-minute orientation film highlighting the history and environmental aspects of Crane Point
1.5 miles of rugged walking trails throughout the hammock.
- The Museum of Natural History.
The historic Adderley House, the oldest house in the Keys outside Key West, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Marathon Wild Bird Center where birds are rescued, rehabilitated and released.
- Replica of an historic Florida Cracker House
- Picnic area in the courtyard.
- Museum Gift Shop.
CALL 305-743-9100 FOR KAYAK TOUR RESERVATIONS!
History | Museum | Gift Shop | Nature Trail | Wild Bird | Membership | Board of Directors | Contact Us
305-743-9100 - Mile Marker 50
Interested in volunteering at the Crane Point Museum? Volunteers are needed for: trolley drivers; museum docents; miscellaneous tasks. Please contact Charlotte Quinn at 305-743-3900 or email: email@example.com.
Website design by FL Keys website company: www.access-to-web.com, Marathon, Florida